Name: Matt DickeyAge: I am 34, will be 35 in December.
Hometown: I call Morrison, Colorado my home town, even though I was born on an Army base out of state. I spent most of my youth growing up in Morrison.
An adjective that describes you: Passionate!
When did you first become involved with CASA Advocates for Children? In February of 2008.
What is your favorite part of volunteering with CASA Advocates for Children? Spending time with my CASA kid and knowing that I am truly making a difference in his life. This position doesn't get any more rewarding than that!
What has your work with CASA Advocates for Children taught you that you didn’t know before? I've learned a lot about the court system and how to be patient with it. There are so many factors out of our control that we have to focus on what's most important for our kids. Sometimes it can be frustrating or feel like things aren't moving fast enough, but ensuring that our CASA kids are safe and in a healthy environment will have a lasting impact on their futures.
What is something that you would want potential donors or volunteers to know about CASA Advocates for Children? I want donors and future volunteers to know that this program truly makes a difference in many, many lives. The children that we work so hard for can and will ultimately benefit from the stability and support every CASA volunteer provides.
No comments:
Post a Comment